Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Birthday and A Finish

Not everyone in my age bracket is happy to celebrate another birthday.  This year, I was thrilled when my DH wonderful took a half day off work to come home and spend quality time with me on my Birthday.  He took me out to lunch and we went to two quilt shops, where I chose these items...
He offered to buy me a new Bernina 770 machine,  "at the moment, we can't afford it" was my response....while also noticing both these shops were seeking help, he mentioned to me that I could work it off.  It is something to consider.  When we returned home, I received a box from my DS which contained these goodies.....
How did he know I was interested in these things?  Making a wish list certainly helps.  I am so grateful for these two men in my life.  There's plenty here to keep me busy for a long time.

I just mailed this baby quilt off to the recipient.  The small border strip was fun to do, I did a free motion cursive stitch-writing of the alphabet and numbers 0-9 all around.    
Temperatures are on the rise, so a good reason to stay indoors and do some sewing.  ;o)



No comments:

Catherine's Wheel

 I posted December 17, 2020 about making an ornament which is called prairie wheel (USA) or Catherine's Wheel (UK).  The latter being of...